⭐ How can I best care for my SALchemy print(s)?
Hahnemühle Bamboo paper is a beautiful, Giclée Fine Art paper with an archival life of 80 years and a weight of 290gsm. The texture is felted and soft. Handle with clean or gloved hands, avoid creasing, scratching or denting its surface, and be aware that if you use any kind of sticky tape or blu-tack on the paper, when you remove it, the paper surface may tear. Please take care.
What to expect:
For safe transportation, your print(s) may either arrive in flat packaging or rolled in a cardboard tube. In addition, the Giclée print process involves printing on to a large roll of Hahnemühle Bamboo paper. This means the paper can arrive rolled or 'curved'. This is normal for a paper of this quality and weight. The paper will relax naturally over time.
You can gently encourage the flattening process as follows:
- Carefully remove the prints from their outer shipping-packaging (cardboard envelope or tube)
- Gently unroll the prints if they came in a tube; ideally keep the prints in their inner-protective-packaging envelopes or tissue paper
- While the prints are still in their inner protective packaging, lay them on a clean, flat surface and carefully place large flat books (as safe weights, see images below) over the edges/corners of the prints, to encourage the paper to flatten, and leave overnight
- If you have already taken the prints out of their inner protective packaging, make sure that you protect the print surfaces with clean paper or tissue paper, a clean bed-sheet, or similar, before weighting with your books
Image: Remove packaging; ensure surfaces of prints are covered and protected; carefully weight with books to flatten; leave overnight
Frame behind glass to best protect and showcase your print(s).
⭐ How easy is it to frame a SALchemy print?
Very easy, using UK standard frame sizes. The paper is cut to 8x10 inch and 16x20 inch. This means that you can use inexpensive frames, available from good home-decor stores, without the need for a cardboard mount.
If using larger frame sizes, you may wish to have a mount professionally cut to the same aspect ratio as the image itself. For the 8x10 inch prints, the image size is 7x9.333 inch. For the 16x20 inch prints, the image size is 14.25x19 inch.
Image: One room, four ways: Seer, Red ball, Stop!, Bridge and Dance 8x10" no mount; Antidote 16x20" wide mount; Fragments 16x20" medium mount; Purpose, Magic carpet and Flight 16x20" no mount (frames and mounts are not supplied)
⭐ Are these 'Limited Edition prints'?
The energies of the artworks from the C-19 Degrees of Separation project do not want to be limited. Therefore, these prints are not 'limited editions'.
⭐ How much is shipping, and how long will it take?
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY ONLY SHIPPING TO UK DESTINATIONS, WE HOPE TO ADD MORE COUNTRIES SOON. Tell us if you are not in the UK but would like to buy a print, it will help us to know 😊
(Any links below will open in a new tab/window)
UK shipping costs £7 per order, added at checkout.
Your order is printed especially for you, at theprintspace in London.
It will normally be dispatched from theprintspace within 48 hours (working days only) by the Royal Mail Tracked 24® service.
The Royal Mail Tracked 24® service* aims to deliver the next working day following shipment, but please allow up to 3 working days after you receive your Shipping Confirmation email.
*During the C-19 pandemic, Royal Mail have suspended their 'signed for' requirement, so that a signature may not be necessary.
A tracking number will be provided in your Shipping Confirmation email.
Please be patient and allow plenty of time for your order to arrive, as the speed of postal services are, ultimately, subject to external forces; delivery time frames cannot be guaranteed.
At busy, high-demand times of year, such as Christmas, or during the C-19 pandemic, orders may take longer to be printed and delivered.
⭐ What is your returns/refund policy?
Despite every effort, occasionally things can go wrong. If they do, please get in touch right away, so we can help you.
Please note that if you have damaged a print after it has been delivered to you, we cannot accept a return.
If your order arrives damaged:
- Please photograph the damage and email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, ideally within 24 hours of receipt, with the photos, details of the damage, and proof of purchase (this enables us to contact theprintspace, our printer, within the required 48 hours following receipt of damaged goods).
- We will assess the damage, then contact you by email to agree a course of action to put things right. We may need to ask you to return the damaged items to theprintspace, and if so, we will confirm the return address and any further instructions.
- When returning items, please use the Royal Mail Tracked 24® service, so that we can track the shipment; we will refund this return postage cost, if you send us the Royal Mail receipt showing the Royal Mail Tracked 24® service, the tracking Reference number and the amount you paid.
- We will replace any damaged print(s); if you prefer a refund at that point, we will honour your request.
If your order arrives incomplete or incorrect:
- Please email email@example.com as soon as possible, ideally within 24 hours of receipt, with the details, photographs and proof of purchase (this enables us to contact theprintspace, our printer, within the required 48 hours following receipt of incomplete or incorrect orders).
- We will then contact you by email to agree an appropriate course of action to put things right.
Please be aware that your order is printed especially for you. However, in the event that you wish to return a print in perfect condition, in its original packaging:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of purchase, within 14 days of receipt.
- We will then contact you by email to acknowledge your request, and confirm the return address and any further instructions.
- You will then need to return the item to us within 14 days after this acknowledgement.
- When returning items, please use the Royal Mail Tracked 24® service, so that we can track the shipment. If you do not, and the return does not arrive, we will not be able to offer you a refund; you will need to send us the tracking Reference number.
- We will check that the returned print is in perfect condition.
- Provided the print is in perfect condition, within 14 days of receiving the returned item, we will process a refund to you for the amount you paid for the print and the original shipping fee.
- You will be responsible for any return postage costs.
Refunds will be to your original payment method. Refunds may take up to 10 working days once we have processed them (as we rely on the Shopify system and these are their terms). Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process the refund.
The email address for all returns-related matters is: email@example.com
⭐ How eco-friendly are SALchemy prints?
SALchemy prints care for the environment, in three ways:
1. The prints travel direct to you from theprintspace. Theprintspace is the UK’s only Fine Art & Photo printing service that is completely carbon neutral; recyclable packaging envelopes and cardboard stiffeners, paper tape made from 100% recycled fibres, and biodegradable bubble wrap all make a difference.
2. Hahnemühle Bamboo paper is the world’s first Fine Art inkjet paper made from 90% bamboo fibres and 10% cotton for resource-saving paper production. It doesn't contain optical brighteners, and is acid- and lignin-free.
3. A tree will be planted for each print sold. To achieve this, SALchemy.uk partners with OneTreePlanted, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to global reforestation. SALchemy-funded trees will be planted in the Andes.
Image: theprintspace carbon-neutral print operation; Hahnemühle Bamboo paper; one tree planted for each print sold
Any other questions or feedback?
If you have any other questions or feedback, make contact:
ps. I'd LOVE you to join the SALchemists list! Receive my occasional invitations ~ friendly notes from me with good news and other bright vibes.
Click HERE to adventure with me and SUBSCRIBE! SAL
SALchemy.uk is a trading name of Pirotta Press Ltd. UK registered company number: 07160724. Mailing address: PO Box 1154, Warrington, WA4 9LD.